I have a few quick updates for you on the reunion, our class website and class officer voting.
- We have 426 classmates and several of our classmates’ widows registered for the reunion and over 800 folks coming to the Tailgate on Saturday. We will send you another email closer to the reunion with some final details.
- Registration will remain open through the reunion weekend for those needing to make last minute decisions. If you register online go to www.usna.com, login, and navigate to our class webpage. From there, click on “Events” and follow instructions on how to register. If you have problems, drop me a note and I will guide you through the process. Come on! Join us!
- Football tickets in our class section are almost sold out. (Remember: You must have a game ticket to get into the tailgate) The ticket office will hold the remaining tickets for us until next Monday. So, if you want tickets in our class section order them now by calling 1-800-US4-NAVY and tell them you want tickets in the Class of ’78 section.
- There will be a pickup basketball game starting around 1015 on Saturday morning. For those who want to play, the specific location will be available at check-in. (Vince, your wife called me and said you can’t play)
- The general “uniform of the day” for reunion events is “appropriate casual” as opposed to “business casual” — in other words, sport coats & ties may be worn if you really want to, but they are not required or expected for any event. We just ask you to please dress appropriately for the nature of the event, Friday Night get together at the Westin, Memorial Service in the Chapel, Football game, etc.
- Don’t forget your ID’s to get onto the Yard. I know I shouldn’t have to say this, but it has happened. As a reminder, access to the Academy grounds is limited. Anyone with a locally prepared USNA ID Card or a DOD credential, including military retirees and dependents, may drive onto USNA. All others will need to park outside the Academy and walk in through Gate 1. All visitors 21 years of age or older must have a valid picture ID. Please refer to www.usna.edu and click on “Visit” for additional details.
Official Class of 1978 website – www.usna1978.org
If you have not updated your webpage on our official Class Website, we request you please do. So far only 202 classmates and widows have updated profiles on our new website. Our Class Historian, Luke Ridenhour, is busy collecting data on our class to produce a robust record of who we are. We are missing important data such as who served in what warfare specialty, how many remained on active duty for a career, how many years you served, or highest rank attained and would like to gather as much as we can to tell our story. Go to our website, www.usna1978.org, login, update your info and read Luke’s work so far. I know you will enjoy the story about our class he has unfolded. If you need login info, contact our Matt Elias at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voting for Class Officers
We are over half-way through the voting period for Class Officers. Request all go to our class website www.usna1978.org , click on the link in the “Latest Updates” column on the far left of the home webpage, and vote. Thanks.
More gouge soon…
President, USNA Class of 1978